When looking for a cheap SSL certificate, it's important to consider reputable certificate authorities that offer affordable options without compromising security. Here are a few popular certificate authorities that provide reasonably priced SSL certificates:
- Let's Encrypt is a non-profit certificate authority that provides free SSL certificates. While they don't offer extended validation (EV) certificates, they are an excellent option for securing your website at no cost.
- SSLs.com is known for offering a variety of SSL certificates at competitive prices. They provide certificates from leading certificate authorities, and you can find both domain-validated (DV) and organization-validated (OV) certificates.
Comodo (now Sectigo):
- Sectigo, formerly known as Comodo, is a widely recognized certificate authority. They offer a range of SSL certificates, and you can find affordable options for both DV and OV certificates.
- GlobalSign provides a variety of SSL certificates at different price points. While they offer premium certificates with extended validation (EV), they also have cost-effective options for basic encryption needs.
- DigiCert is known for its high-assurance SSL certificates, but they also offer cost-effective options. Their certificates provide strong security features, and they have a variety of certificate types to choose from.
Before purchasing an SSL certificate, carefully review the features and validation level offered by the certificate authority. The level of validation (DV, OV, EV) affects the amount of information displayed in the certificate, and you should choose the type that aligns with your website's needs. Additionally, consider factors such as warranty, support, and compatibility with different browsers and devices.
Always be cautious when opting for very cheap SSL certificates, as some less reputable providers may offer certificates that lack the necessary security features or might not be universally trusted by browsers. Stick to well-known and respected certificate authorities to ensure the security and reliability of your SSL certificate.